The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. After receiving the nomination, the blogger has the honor of writing a post that thanks the nominator, answers some fun questions, and nominates more bloggers for the award.
Here’s what the nominees have to do:
Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions asked of you.
Nominate other bloggers for the award and ask them 11 questions.
Notify the nominees in the comments of one of their posts.
Include the request and logo of the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Answers to Nourish’s Questions.
1. What is one positive thing that happened in 2020?
I have spent more time on my blog and finding that I love working on it. I love exploring my creative side. I haven’t done that for years!
2. What are you looking forward to in the New Year?
For things to get back to normal and being able to spend quality time with my family and friends. I miss them so much!
3. How will you be celebrating New Year’s Eve?
I haven’t celebrated it since 2003! This year I drank my first pink gin and tonic. It was gorgeous and here’s a photo.
4. Follow up to #3: are you planning on staying up until midnight on NYE?
No. I was falling asleep by 10ish! I was at my cleaning job at 5 am that morning.
5. Best recipe you tried in 2020?
I’m a big fan of ‘Shakshuka’; poached eggs in a dish. The new one I tried in 2020 was ‘Mexican-inspired smoky tomato & bean.’ It has in peppers, chillies, mixed beans, tomatoes, garlic and of course, eggs! Sadly, I don’t have a photo.
6. Best book you read in 2020?
‘Older and Wider’ by Jenny Eclair, as pictured below. As I’m going through the menopause, it’s very appropriate for me! Not only is it funny, but she also offers advice on how to cope with it.
7. Favorite blog post you’ve ever done? (Feel free to link it!)
This post about the health benefits of laughter. I love the quote I found about Earth laughing in flowers. https://jasperdens.health.blog/2019/12/06/earth-laughs-in-flowers/
8. If you could travel anywhere (when it’s safe to, of course), where would you go?
I love nature and would go anywhere that has spectacular wildlife. I also like city breaks. Would love to go to Vienna.
9. What is something you do to take care of yourself?
I’m a keen runner. I look terrible but not only does it keep me fit, but it also puts me in a positive frame of mind. Also, I take notice of my body when I need a break.
10. What do you hope readers get out of your blog?
I want to inspire people to consider leading a relatively healthy lifestyle. I want people to enjoy its benefits, not just because they think they have to, to be healthy. When I research different foods, I’m constantly blown away by their health benefits. Therefore, I want healthy food to be appreciated.
My diet is not perfect but I notice that if I eat badly, my energy levels drop, my IBS flares up, my menopausal sweats come back with a vengeance and I’m bad-tempered!
11. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love having the opportunity to be creative. Also, I’m loving the unexpected pleasure of interacting with other bloggers.
I’m inviting those to do this that I didn’t in my last Sunshine Blogger Award post. This doesn’t mean that I won’t nominate other bloggers for any possible future awards! I do enjoy reading your work.
1. If you’re not a full-time blogger, what else do you do for a living?
2. Why did you decide to write a blog?
3. What’s your favourite post you have written? Include a link.
4. What’s your favourite hobby?
5. Do you love winter?
6. Do you have a pet?
7. What’s your favourite food?
8. What is your favourite country?
9. How are you coping with the lockdown restrictions?
10. How do you cope with stress?
11. Name 1 thing that you really want to do this year?