5 minute read.
Be Unapologetically You Tag Rules:
1. Use the Be Unapologetically You banner in your post. It can be your featured image or not. It’s totally up to you.
2. Include the link to this blogging tag (https://www.izzymatias.com/be-unapologetically-you) in your post.
3. Answer the 7 questions in this tag.
4. Nominate between 5-10 bloggers, link their blogs, and tag them on social media to notify them.
5. Most of all, have fun!
Be Unapologetically You Questions.
- Introduce yourself and your blog while sharing one trivia about you that not that many people know.
As some of you know my name is Rachel. I write about health and well-being; inspired by my own minor, health issues which I found I managed better when I improved my diet and lifestyle.
I love nature and I’m a member of the RSPB. (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds). I love bird-watching but sadly, I don’t go very often due to working weekends.
- What topics do you love geeking out about that you would say are topics that give you bliss?
I’m obsessed with running, cats and other animals, nature, food and drink, meals out, chocolate, tea, coffee, cake, red wine… Did I mention I like food? 🤣
- Do you blog about them? Why or why not? If not, would you like to blog about them one time?
I’ve written quite a few posts about the health benefits of certain foods. I’m often amazed by the research describing the potential health benefits of them.
I’ve chosen health as my blog because it affects us all and there is a lot of material out there to write about.
- Would you say that you are living life by being unapologetically you? Why or why not? If not, what would your life look like if you were unafraid to share more about the things that make you happy?
Even though it’s a work-in-progress, I would say that at times, I probably live my life apologetically me! I’m a shy and quiet little mouse who runs away from conflict; unless I really get angry then hear me roar like a tiger! (According to the Chinese horoscope, I am one!)
I have become more assertive over the years and I believe my authentic self has revealed itself in one or two of my posts.
- Permission to geek out & be unapologetically you: share with us one thing you fangirl or fanboy over and how you became a fan of it. It can be anything. Your love for soy candles, your favorite food, a boy band or an underrated film.
Are you sure? Okay. Well, I’d say I’m obsessed with cats. Especially my own!
- What do you love the most about being a fan?
- My partner and I love it when my cats wake us up during the night to either go out or come in. Twice.
- I love it when they ask us to feed them and then look at it with disgust and go out to see what they can get that tastes better.
- I love it when Jasper pesters us for treats; boy, does that cat like his treats!
- It’s really cute when he follows us into the kitchen and gives us a ‘helpful’ swipe on the back of our legs to get us to hurry feeding him.
- And their timing is impeccable. We’ve just sat down having a brew or about to start eating when at least one of them appears and expects us to feed him, immediately.
- I wish I could film myself getting into bed at night! I have to have the skills of an Olympic gymnast. I have to crawl along a tiny gap on top of the duvet, making sure I don’t accidentally squash Jasper, (he’s purring; probably thinks it’s funny!) and to not kick my partner as I pass him. I get to my pillow and somehow manage to fold my legs under the duvet and slide cautiously down till my head is on the pillow and I’ve slotted into the gap between Jasper and my partner.
- Then, after about three hours of not being able to move, Jasper decides that we’ve had enough sleep. He jumps off the bed with a loud thud and if that doesn’t get our attention, he scratches the bed!
- It’s so sweet of Zac when he tastes Jasper’s food, just to make sure it is just right for him.
- I love it when Zac sits on my knee and hooks his claws into my legs so he doesn’t fall off. Obviously, it doesn’t hurt!
- Share a fun or unforgettable fan experience.
Are you still reading this? Well done!
Despite being so different from each other, they’re both affectionate and loving.
Jasper loves snuggling up to me when I’m in bed. When Zac sits on my knee, he’s always purring and loves me stroking his head. Check out this video.
I have enjoyed writing this post and hope you have too.
Francine at phrenssynnes.ca
Kayleigh at confidentlykayleigh.wordpress.com
Sophie at startingtoday.blog
Jo Jo at jojoscupofmocha.com
Lindsay at liveparentteachrepeat.com
I apologise in advance if you have done this before!
Thank you for reading.
Ps. If you have enjoyed reading this post then feel free to buy me a coffee, below.